CableWakeboard.com is inviting every park in the nation to be part of the 2010 National Points Chase. Seven U.S. Parks (McCormicks, TSR, KCW, Mawi, Wake Nation, Revolution and Wake Sport Ranch) have already committed to being part of the series of events that runs from June 15th through July 15th. Each week for five weeks the host park will hold a weekday tournament on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening starting at 5pm. The formats will be similar and results will be sent to Cablewakeboard.com to be posted. Riders can gain points no matter what park they are at, but can only compete in one event a week.
A weekly series similar to this has been run at KCW and TSR for the past eight years and has been very successful. Riders such as Tom Fooshee first got his cable start in the advanced division of a TSR Showdown. Of course it didn’t take long until he was dominating the pro division where he continues to compete weekly in Texas. This format will allow young up and coming riders to begin to receive recognition at a national level.
* One event each week on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for 5 weeks
* 5 Divisions: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Pro and Wakeskate
* Beginning the week of 6/15 and ending 7/15
* Evening events beginning between 5pm and 6pm depending on the amount of entries
* $15/entry fee or $60 for all five up front (park keeps entry fees)
* Standardized trophies with all park logos supplied by Cablewakeboard.com
* Tie Breaker points awarded for riders that compete at multiple parks
* Top 3 overall riders from each division at each park invited to ride and represent team at an individual and team event held on Oct 11&12 at Texas Ski Ranch.
* Standards set to prevent sandbagging in a division because riders are separated by skill level not age.
For more information contact your local cable park or go to www.CableWakeboard.com to follow the chase to the points title.
For information about participating in this series or sponsoring the chase please email firstname.lastname@example.org